Thursday, February 6, 2014

Our snowy icy wonderland

Welcome to our winter wonderland!
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, 
consider it an opportunity for great joy. 
For you know that when your faith is tested, 
your endurance has a chance to grow.
So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed
 you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. 
James 1:2-4 NLT 
Over the last week or two, we have had several snow storms and even an ice storm. Those of you who live near me, know what I am referring to! Lost electric means no water, sewer or working refrigerators/freezers!  I am however thankful for answered prayers. When we woke up, we realized we had no electric due to the ice storm.  After my hubby left for work on Wednesday morning (early!) I prayed for over an hour for safety for our houses and neighbors.  We had a number of trees breaking around in our area and you could hear them from a distance.  We had one in our back yard, that I saw was going to go and it did about three minutes later. I prayed for our homes but forgot sheds and back porches.  LOL live and learn. Our red shed was hit but I don't think it is badly hurt. Our neighbor had trees broken and uprooted by his back porch.  



  
Icy tree archway a few minutes from our house
  
Downed tree on our shed
  
   
Busted evergreen is 40 yrs old 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment